Friday, September 18, 2015

Creativity in Sales

I was speaking with someone last week who runs a creative services company. He was desperate for sales leads, yet he didn't have a team in place to follow up on prospects.

"It's so hard to keep salespeople! They just don't get along with creatives."

I chuckled a bit on the inside, as I consider myself, a person who has worked in sales for over a decade*, to be a creative person.

I've come to find that creativity plays a HUGE role in sales. Out-of-the-box thinking is useful for overcoming objections and developing win-win (and win-win-win) compromises. Creativity is also important in the development of sales messaging, as using the same pitch over and over again rarely proves to be fruitful.

Bottom line: My career path does not suck.

* Macaroni Grill - Alcohol & Dessert Sales Winner '06 - Holla!


No comments:

Post a Comment