Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Staying on the True Path

"Don't force doors to open," this is what a woman from the island of Reunion told me when I was visiting Chiang Mai, Thailand last year.

My US tour is coming to a close.

To recap: I spent March nose-diving into SXSW in Austin, enjoyed time on the West Coast between San Francisco, Berkley, and Vancouver B.C., and had a solid week with my bestie in Chattanooga, TN.

Coming back to Texas, I discovered the Ecstatic Dance and Authentic Relating community in Austin, spent ample time at Barton Springs, and renewed my interest in the Austin EcoNetwork.

On the downside, I experienced a friend's death, a family member's irresponsibility, severe misunderstandings from former friends, and dizziness over all the directions I could take my career.


On the bright side, I soaked up as much sunshine as possible, picked all the wildflowers, reinforced my passions, found non-conventional forms of therapy, found closure and as much acceptance as I allow, and made a few new friends along the way.


MOST IMPORTANTLY, I made time for my family and learned to communicate with them in positive ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment