Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Delayed Reaction to The Success Indicator

I have kept an infographic thumbtacked above my computer monitor since I started my current job just over a year ago. It illustrates MaryEllen Tribby's thoughts on the differences between successful and unsuccessful people:


Now, I don't know who MaryEllen Tribby is outside of the creation of this image, but her obvious-but-not-obvious points sure do make me want to be a better person. 

I'd like to think that one particular bullet point ("Keep a journal") inspired this blog, but that wouldn't be 100% accurate. Credit is definitely due to the inspiration of an incredibly talented former college classmate of mine, Tanya Sylvan, and her publication, All in Stride.

***

To go beyond Google's definition of "success" as "the accomplishment of an aim or purpose", my "aim" is to always be improving and my "purpose" is to make the world a better place. I hope that the writings I assemble here will help me fulfill both of these components.

My goal with SUCCESSDICATED is to write about things that either have made or will make me a better, more successful person.



No comments:

Post a Comment