Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Find WHERE makes you happy.

Dear Austin, Texas:

I am so happy we found each other. Three years ago, I had no idea how brilliant it would be to move to you sights and sounds unknown, never having visited nor knowing any of your "Austinites."

You have brought me new friends, new hobbies, and new outlooks on life. Just the past week alone has exposed me to even more of your rad start up offices, alternative fitness opportunities, and spontaneous parades set to the tune of foreign accents.

Everything that would seem terrible about you somehow ends up making perfect sense. I am happy to look past your terrible traffic since you exposed me to the wonder of endless bike lanes. Your rising cost of living has actually provided a pretty sweet investment while leaving me with a reasonable monthly mortgage rate, and your summer heat gives me a great excuse for early mornings and lazy days on the river.

Even in the throngs of South-by-Southwest and its wondersphere of intelligent conversation and free booze, I know you keep a special spot reserved for introspection within your trails and quiet neighborhoods.  It is in this solace that I am able to digest the close memories of the days and nights I have found myself carried by your inhabitants to fantastic heights from which I've experienced uninterrupted views of your violent crowns and growing skyline.

For all these reasons and more, my dear Austin, I love you so much.




Love,

Emily







No comments:

Post a Comment