Friday, February 6, 2015

Give Credit Where Credit is Due

To the educators who de-emphasized the importance of being an 'A' student:

I heard your point, but I will continue to set my sights on being an 'A' player for the entirety of my professional life.

Also, my GPA gave me a leg to stand on in the difficult job market I became acquainted with in 2009-10. If the ultimate goal is to make students better people AND gainfully employed, please think carefully before de-valuing your own grading system.

- Present Self to Past Self for making a stronger case about why getting a B on a project in which I did 95% of the work for a student who got an A was absolute bullshit (RIP Zoe).

See also: Let go of the past and focus on 'A' Player Characteristics for the present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment