Monday, February 16, 2015

Running Success + Nod to a mentor

As I was preparing to write this post about recent running successes, I stumbled upon this article about my former Public Speaking professor, Dr. Andrea Duke, who also happened to race the 3M half marathon last month.

Dr. Duke was the person who gave me a voice as a college freshman and helped me make great strides in curing FOPS, She also happens to be training for the 2016 Olympic trials!

The coolest part about Dr. Duke? She's a mother of two who has gotten exceedingly faster over time. This gives me so much hope as my own running career progresses.

Despite not quite being at a sub-6 minute mile pace yet, I cannot help but feel super proud of myself for the past month's races. I PR'd twice recently -- once at the 2015 3M Half Marathon, which took place on January 25th:


...and again yesterday at the 2015 Austin Marathon, winning 1st place in my division (F 25-29), thanks to my running buddy, Triscuit's, help with pacing:

Now if I can only get myself out of bed for those 5:30AM training sessions I never attend....

No comments:

Post a Comment