Sunday, August 20, 2017

Reinforcement of an Epiphany

Today I woke up realizing one of my purposes.

To provide you with a little background, I studied advertising in college, where I became aware of the rise of mass production and increases in consumerism.  The more manufacturing that occurs, the more materials are mined and distributed across the world. Pollution ensues from the production and acquisition of goods. Air quality and climate change cause harm to human health and our ecosystem. The cycle needs to be corrected so future generations can thrive (or, as an alternative, move to another colonized planet...).

The concept of sustainability has fascinated me for the past several years. I am also becoming mesmerized by the emergence of the "Internet of Things" (IoT) and how a network of connected devices and data can create efficiencies in modern day manufacturing and distribution. Furthermore, I believe the IoT has the potential to help re-engineer consumer behavior to reduce waste and energy consumption.

Ultimately, my mission is to make the world a better place. As I develop myself and my profession, I will aim to merge my interests in sustainability and IoT, including how both are related to commerce.

No comments:

Post a Comment