Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cheers to progress!

Over a month into my dive into Dutch life, I'm feeling more adjusted and confident about being able to pull together new beginnings here in Amsterdam.

My days are spent filling out job applications and working on conceptualizing a consulting practice, Roberson Business Development, under which I can secure contracts in exchange for providing advice and deliverables for marketing and sales optimization at startups and small businesses.

I also managed to find a potential work opportunity through a connection back in Austin with a company that develops and implements software/middleware solutions for the hospitality industry. The organization would be an excellent fit based on my passion of IoT as it relates to reduction of energy use and sustainability.

Meanwhile, I keep myself busy keeping in touch with friends and family. I'm also training for the Amsterdam Marathon, which will take place in mid-October, and focusing on health and fitness in general.

As far as play goes, have been lucky to go on the occasional cruise through Amsterdam's canals and have also attended a few music festivals in both Belgium and in the Netherlands. Benelux is absolutely gorgeous during the summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment