Friday, September 8, 2017

Rollercoaster... of Love.

This week had its downs and ups... 

My divorce is finalized. It's a bittersweet feeling. I still love my ex-husband very much, but we weren't in a healthy relationship. He was also ready to settle down and start a family, and quite frankly I'm terrified of reproducing at this phase in my life. I learned so many lessons from the rise and fall of our love, including what I need to do to be a better person and partner. To quote my mantra, "I will treat my mistakes as learning opportunities, and I will not dwell."

On the upside, I accepted a contract with IRECKONU, which means my Dutch visa will be sponsored.  I'm incredibly excited to be working under the wing of the VP of Business Development, who I can tell is an amazing force from my handful of interactions with her. I am also going to be learning so much about the hospitality industry and sales for software development services. Plus, I'll be part of a very global team, which comes with the benefits of cultural understanding. 

I also met my running tribe this week! 



Now six weeks into Dutch life:

[ x ] Living Accommodations
[ x ] Social Group
[ x ] Bicycle
[ x ] Job 


Fulfilling a promise to myself, I bought myself flowers upon receiving a job offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment