Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DELEGATE. DELEGATE. DELEGATE.


I am going out of town this weekend, and Sriracha helped me pack cooking supplies for our trip.

This week has been one of those weeks where I've dreamed of cloning myself in order to DO ALL THINGS. I've also thought about diving into a black hole in hopes of augmenting the space-time continuum such that I have at least 40 hours in a single day.

When science catches up to my schemes, I'll be golden. Until then, I must rely on others to give me a hand when I feel like my head is underwater. I have so many plates spinning right now, and they'd all come crashing down if it weren't for an awesome support team and, in my personal life, my dutiful husband.

My younger, less-experienced self would try to do every single task on whatever list of to-do's I had going. Now I am enabling myself with the ability to rely on others. I will not, however, let this newly adopted philosophy turn into laziness. Instead, I will focus on the strengths of others and be mindful of their availability and focus so I can align my delegated requests with their goals and the goals of my organization. 





No comments:

Post a Comment