Thursday, May 15, 2014

Time to adapt

Since most of my blog topics aren't very visual, I am just going to start posting pictures of my cat -- because aren't cat pictures the reason the Internet was invented in the first place?



Up until last Tuesday, I was in a sort of rut coming off of a big race with months of build up and realizing how much I had settled into a routine in other aspects of my life. One of those aspects happened to be my career  -- I found myself getting feeling stumped at work with major renewals falling through or new business opportunities going completely dark.

I wasn't getting lazy, per so -- but I was feeling jaded.

The service I sell (managed marketing automation services with a demand generation/sales acceleration component) is very complicated and usually takes about an hour to explain. It also requires a deliberated decision and a considerable budget. Most of the companies I have been working with just didn't seem to have available funds, and those that did already had a similar program running internally.

The account management portion of my gig was limited only to our marketing automation clients, most of whom already have an established program with zero intent to change. As of last week, I've inherited the entirety of our client base -- managed service clients included -- and a much heftier quota.

So here's to adapting quickly, and being forced out of my rut! And to new beginnings and achieving ALL THE GOALS.



No comments:

Post a Comment